Home Buying Process
Let Allen Williams Help with Your Next Home Buying Experience:
If you’ve never been a homeowner, the buying process can seem pretty intimidating. After all, purchasing a home is one of the biggest investments you’ll make in your lifetime – you don’t want to feel uneasy about it.
Allen will walk you step-by-step through the buying process and will be your partner from the moment you express interest in buying, until the day you close.
There are nine critical steps in the buying process:
- Step 1: Before you start calling numbers from For Sale signs or looking at builders’ models, CALL ALLEN.
- Step 2: With Allen’s help, determine what your mortgage options are and what you can afford monthly. Allen knows some of the top lenders in the area and can help you get the mortgage process started. Allen has two lenders that he strongly recommends – Rich Smith with PNC Mortgage and Bryant Gatz with Fairway Mortgage.
- Step 3: Select an area of interest and make a list of what you want in a home.
- Step 4: The fun starts – look at homes!
- Step 5: After exploring all of your options, select a home. Remember, we will show you homes until you find the perfect one — no hurry, no pressure, no worries.
- Step 6: Use Allen’s expertise to make an offer on your home of choice. His negotiating skills and 20 years of experience will put you in a great position to buy a home at a great value. Allen will help with everything, from locking in a great price to negotiating other terms such as a closing date and closing costs.
- Step 7: Hire an inspection company to ensure that your perfect home is in good condition. An inspector will look for major defects, such as structural and mechanical issues, radon/ mold problems, and other potential issues.
- Step 8: Review all documentation (i.e. title work) with Allen prior to closing.
- Step 9: The big day!! Your closing day will consist of signing a foot-tall stack of papers to transfer ownership of the home. This is a very important part of the process — it’s important to look for little things that may slip through the cracks and cause nightmares later. Don’t be scared! Allen will be there to protect you and review all of the documentation.
After shaking off writer’s cramp from all of the paperwork, you will have keys in hand and be ready to move in!
“We had always rented and knew we were getting nothing out of it. We called off of one of Allen’s postcards and immediately knew we were in good hands. He took his time with us and answered all of our questions. After looking at several homes we found the perfect one. It was exactly what we wanted and could afford. Allen negotiated a great deal for us and we had to come up with very little out of pocket. Allen was easy to work with and a lot of fun.”
Mark and Angela Hall, Fishers, IN